Your challenge for National Organising Week (NOW) – each day, spend just 10 minutes focusing on a problem area in your home – you will be surprised at how much you can achieve in such a short period of time!
Find yourself a couple of baskets (washing baskets work well) and two rubbish bags, set the timer for 10 minutes, put your favourite music on and get started NOW:
– Collect all items in a basket that you know do not belong in that zone and return to their home;
– Throw all items for recycling into the other basket;
– Any unwanted clothing or linen in good condition? Place it in a bag;
– All broken/unwanted items not suitable for recycling or charity should be placed into the other rubbish bag for disposal.
– When the 10 minutes are up, take the rubbish bag straight out to your bin and put the charity bag next to your front door for you to deliver to your favourite charity tomorrow.
– Don’t worry if you are unable to finish the space in the 10 minutes – celebrate what you have achieved in that time!
Let us know how you go – we love hearing your organising stories and seeing your before and after pictures! (we won’t share them with anyone though!)