What a great way to gather some friends and make over your wardrobe for Summer – and the best bit, it doesn’t damage your wallet! You can even host a swap party for books, craft items, or anything else you can think of.
See more information about hosting a swap party on the Planet Ark website.
It also doesn’t have to be a one-off event.
Consider collaborative (or collective) consumption initiatives near you. Do more with less by gifting, swapping, bartering, renting, lending and sharing items with family and friends, workmates and the wider community.
– Share a magazine subscription with a friend
– Lend or rent the trestle table stored in your garage for parties
– Share garden tools
– Participate in a community garden
– Businesses can outsource tasks or projects
– Share a vehicle
– Opportunities are endless…….
Green Villages has also published a list of 14 collaborative consumption websites to inspire and encourage you to get involved.
Happy National Recycling Week!